Summary: Under general supervision, ensures the safety of patrons of SwimWest Swim School by preventing and responding to emergencies. Wears the required SwimWest Swim School uniform while on duty.
- Excellent Pay
- Flexible hours
- Save Lives
- Valuable work experience
- Future job character reference
- Management training opportunities
- Lifeguard must possess current American Red Cross Lifeguarding and CPR certifications
- Must be extremely friendly, outgoing, happy, and gracious at all times
- Must be willing and content to serve others
- Must have the ability to remain calm, personable, and professional while multitasking.
- Pre-employment testing of lifeguarding knowledge and skills will be conducted
- Prevent injury and minimize or eliminate hazardous situations.
- Recognize and respond quickly to all emergency situations.
- Administer emergency first aid to victims of any injury.
- Assist with closing and securing the facility
- Attend all in-service training programs and be aware of all facility programs and scheduling.
- Educate the facility users and inform them of the purpose of and need for the rules.
- Complete required records and reports on time.
- Enforce pool, locker room, and lobby rules, regulations and safety procedures.
Come Join Us Today!
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is a vital part of SwimWest Swim School’s culture. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us today and help us teach the world to swim.
We Make a Difference
SwimWest Swim School is a premier learn to swim school for children 4 months to adults. We use proven confidence building curriculum to promote a love of swimming and teaching children and adults to be safer in and around the water. We have had amazing success these past 29 years with our two swim schools and summer camp teaching our mission, a world without drowning. As a result, we are experiencing significant growth! We are looking to fill several rewarding positions. Find out where you fit in!
We invest in our employees and reward dedication with social events, group 5K runs in the community, attendance and quarterly bonuses and a lot of fun perks. We offer paid training and a flexible schedule that is a perfect fit for the students, parents, grandparent and anyone looking for employment at SwimWest. We have morning, afternoon and evening shifts Monday – Sunday that can fit anyone’s schedule.
Do these describe you?
You love kids!
You are energetic, nurturing and playful while being able to exhibit patience and understanding with children. You know how to have fun with unlimited amount of energy.
You are professional!
You are able to own your work, have a professional appearance, and communicate in a professional manner to students, fellow employees and parents.
You are responsible!
You are reliable and follow through with obligations, directions, and ethical guidelines. Successful candidates need to show they can be punctual, focused, have a desire to learn and work as part of a team.
If these describe you then chances are you want a role where you can experience the fulfillment of knowing your efforts make a difference and you want to leave a lasting legacy in people's lives you work for.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)