If you love kids, love the water, and love being in an energetic environment, SwimWest Swim School is always looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our teaching staff! Our instructors are the heart of our company, bring our brand to life and what makes our families have an amazing experience in our company.
- Excellent Pay
- Flexible hours
- Valuable work experience
- Future job character reference
- Management training opportunities
- Extremely outgoing, friendly, happy, and gracious
- Caring and compassion for children
- Ability to work in the water for 5 hours
- Willingness to be coached
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of all swimming strokes
- Able to work weekday evenings and/or weekends
- Completion of required training
- Must pass background examinations (included with training)
- Aquatic and teaching-related work experience
- Child development knowledge
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide swim instruction following the SwimWest Curriculum
- Focusing on children’s happiness, well-being and progression in each swim level
- The ability to work a consistent schedule once your own classes have been assigned.
- Enforces safety rules and regulations to prevent accidents.
- Makes rescues and administers first aid when necessary.
- Acts as SwimWest “ambassador” to ensure parental satisfaction.
- Uses creative thinking skills to identify and resolve challenges with students.
- Reports accidents and incidents to management.
- Performs light cleaning duties
- Attend required/mandatory workshops and in-service training outside of regular working hours
We offer paid training at 8.75 per hour and a starting wage of $10 - $16 per hour once you are assigned classes on your own. Starting wage is negotiable with prior experience. This is a part time position with possibilities to become full time. If you progress to full time, we offer paid vacation, health insurance, short term disability and a Simple IRA retirement plan.
Come Join Us Today!
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is a vital part of SwimWest Swim School’s culture. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us today and help us teach the world to swim.
We Make a Difference
SwimWest Swim School is a premier learn to swim school for children 4 months to adults. We use proven confidence building curriculum to promote a love of swimming and teaching children and adults to be safer in and around the water. We have had amazing success these past 29 years with our two swim schools and summer camp teaching our mission, a world without drowning. As a result, we are experiencing significant growth! We are looking to fill several rewarding positions. Find out where you fit in!
We invest in our employees and reward dedication with social events, group 5K runs in the community, attendance and quarterly bonuses and a lot of fun perks. We offer paid training and a flexible schedule that is a perfect fit for the students, parents, grandparent and anyone looking for employment at SwimWest. We have morning, afternoon and evening shifts Monday – Sunday that can fit anyone’s schedule.
Do these describe you?
You love kids!
You are energetic, nurturing and playful while being able to exhibit patience and understanding with children. You know how to have fun with unlimited amount of energy.
You are professional!
You are able to own your work, have a professional appearance, and communicate in a professional manner to students, fellow employees and parents.
You are responsible!
You are reliable and follow through with obligations, directions, and ethical guidelines. Successful candidates need to show they can be punctual, focused, have a desire to learn and work as part of a team.
If these describe you then chances are you want a role where you can experience the fulfillment of knowing your efforts make a difference and you want to leave a lasting legacy in people's lives you work for.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)